ProKids is seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) community engagement manager who will focus on increasing brand awareness for the agency and volunteer recruitment with an eye on diverse audiences aligning with agency goals. We are looking for a professional who can build relationships, identify new opportunities for engagement and educate the Greater Cincinnati community about how they can personally change the lives of abused and neglected children.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to ProKids via email by June 21, 2019.
Note that ProKids does not accept phone call inquiries.
Position Summary: Implements community outreach focusing on the cultivation of diverse individuals, businesses, and community organizations for increased brand awareness, volunteer recruitment, retention, and funding.
Experience: Successful record of recruitment, community engagement, sales, and/or marketing to a diverse audience. Proven relationship-building professional, who is energized through finding and building new relationships. Knowledge of social media to recruit, engage, and cultivate a diverse audience. Proficient in the dynamics of cultural norms of our diverse clients, volunteers, and community. Knowledge of child welfare issues, nonprofit, fundraising, and volunteer management preferred.
Supervisor: Community Director
Supervision Exercised: Delegation of responsibilities to volunteer(s) as necessary for the operation of ProKids.
1. Develops and implements a comprehensive community outreach plan to identify and build relationships with diverse organizations to provide a robust pipeline of potential volunteers and donors. This plan will align with Snapshot attendee and diversity, equity, and inclusion goals set by the agency each year.
2. Develops and conducts presentations to educate prospects or constituents on how to become involved with ProKids. Including, but is not limited to:
• Providing data, analysis, and recommendations in a compelling manner to inform decisions and track progress;
• Following up with prospective volunteers with the intent of involving them and gathering their feedback to integrate into ProKids strategies.
3. Participates in, or conducts, all external Snapshot presentations.
4. Participates in ,or conducts, all external outreach opportunities.
5. Acquires and maintains sound knowledge of ProKids programs and practices, community need, and other research pertaining to ProKids work. Uses and applies that knowledge and understanding with little to no direct supervision. Benchmarks with other CASA programs and other organizations for best and leading practices.
6. Provides critical input to the setting and evaluation of agency goals and objectives with primary focus on the recruitment impact of each goal or objective, including but not limited to:
• Providing input on the impact of each goal on the agency’s strategic marketing, recruitment, cultivation, and development plan.
• Providing raw data and a comprehensive analysis of the impact of each goal.
• Communicating all financial needs and expenses.
7. Attends, networks and cultivates volunteers and donors at all development activities and events.
• Demonstrates the ability to influence high-level decision makers and generates results in donor and community relationship development.
8. Ensures the effective representation of ProKids to external organizations and individuals.
9. Communicates need for volunteers and provides assistance in designing and implementing volunteer training. Supervises, manages, supports, evaluates, and communicates on-going status of volunteers.
10. Performs duties in accordance with ProKids objectives and in compliance with relevant standards and agency commitments.
11. Attends all staff meetings and establishes good teamwork with co-workers.
12. Special projects, assignments, and other duties as necessary for the operation of ProKids.
Skills and Abilities
1. Computer skills preferred:
• Superior knowledge and experience of all social media channels, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Superior knowledge of MS Office software, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Experience with donor management software.
• Ability to maintain skill level as technology changes and advances.
2. Other skills and abilities preferred:
• Strong interpersonal, written, verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to exercise considerable independence in the performance of day-to-day duties.
• Adaptable, able to network and meet new people with ease.
• Highly organized, especially as it relates to time management and prioritization.
• Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced office and manage multiple priorities and deadlines with accuracy.
• Highly detail-oriented; with superior organizational skills.
• Ability to think creatively and strategically.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; solution-oriented.
• May be required to occasionally work irregular hours, nights and weekends as required for the operation of ProKids.
• Adherence to strict confidentiality of volunteer and donor related information, as well as all gift information, files, documents, and reports.
3. Physical demands:
• Will operate a PC.
• Required to talk or hear, often in large crowds or busy environments.
• Regularly required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
• Will regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Program: Community Development
Team Responsibility: Development and implementation of Benevon methods and fundraising plans and activities to reach budget objectives. Provides a variety of opportunities to learn about the children ProKids serves and the outcome of the services provided by ProKids. Informs the Community about various ways to become involved with ProKids. Monitors the entire experience of the Committed Community with a specialized focus on deepening and broadening their involvement through cultivation activities and events.