ProKids is seeking a self-motivated and solution-oriented finance and business operations director to lead our growing nonprofit agency’s business operations. The finance and business operations director serves on the leadership team, making key decisions which drive ProKids strategic and operational efforts. This position is responsible for ProKids fiscal operations, ensuring thoughtful and effective use in serving abused and neglected children. The director collaborates internally for agency goal setting and reporting and ensures smooth operations to maximize our agency’s impact. The director leads a dedicated staff to manage compliance efforts, administer employee benefit programs, and provide business support functions. The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of accounting with 5 or more years of experience in the field as well as successful supervisory experience and strong communication skills.
Application deadline is Oct. 30, 2019. Please submit your resume and cover letter to ProKids via email.
Note that ProKids does not accept phone call inquiries.
Leader of business operations. Responsible for all agency financial, budgeting and accounting operations and processes. Develops and implements fiscal operations to ensure effective use of agency funds. Facilitates and guides agency goal setting and reporting, in compliance with relevant standards, commitments, and ProKids objectives. Provides employee benefits administration, office management, technical, and maintenance support for agency.
Finance & Accounting
- In consultation with the Executive Director, Board of Trustees, staff, and volunteers, prepares and oversees agency and program budgets to ensure consistent, accurate, and effective financial management in accordance with ProKids objectives.
- Provides financial analysis for all agency functions.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial reports for Executive Committee and Board of Trustees meetings, including, but not limited to: income statements, balance sheet, year-to-date budget, operating and nonoperating detail, cash and projected actual.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports required for agency and funding sources ensuring that funding requirements are met and funding sources and certifying organizations are satisfied with financial management of the agency. These organizations include, but are not limited to: Ohio CASA Association, National CASA Association, Ohio Attorney General’s Office (VOCA grant), United Way, and foundations.
- Responsible for receipts and disbursements, bank reconciliation, money transfers, and payroll to ensure monetary transactions are conducted and recorded accurately.
- Oversees agency’s contractual commitments and agreements, and insurance policies.
- Acts as liaison with agency accountants. Schedules and prepares records for audit. Consults with accountants as needed year-round. Presents audit report to ProKids Treasurer and any other necessary parties.
- Acts as liaison with any banks and investment managers related to ProKids monies. Oversees ProKids investments, in consultation with Executive Director, Treasurer, and Executive Committee. Ensures bi-annual meetings to review investment performance.
- Communicates all funding requirements and budget information to various departments within ProKids.
- Facilitates goal setting in accordance with ProKids objectives and in compliance with relevant standards and agency commitments.
- Evaluates agency programs to ensure agency goals and objectives are met. Communicates results and facilitates corrective action plans, as necessary.
- Collects, evaluates, and communicates all child and volunteer demographic information and caseload information.
- Develops, implements, and reports agency Outcome Measures, in consultation with staff, volunteers, and Board of Trustees.
- Acts as a liaison with key partners, including but not limited to: United Way, Ohio Attorney General, National CASA, and Ohio CASA. Prepares applications and reports to these funders and certifying organizations.
- Administers all benefits of employees, including, but not limited to: vacation / sick accrual, workers’ compensation, new hire paperwork, separation agreements and paperwork, and employee personnel files.
- Ensures proper maintenance and upkeep of all computer systems, including, but not limited to: installation of hardware, upgrading software, troubleshooting, network administration, security and data protection, maintenance and storage of licenses.
- Manages databases, including, but not limited to: fundraising, volunteer and case databases.
- Ensures building maintenance.
- Attends staff meetings and establishes effective teamwork with co-workers.
- Attends board meetings.
- Communicates need for Business Operations volunteers and provides assistance in designing and implementing volunteer training. Supervises, manages, supports, evaluates, and communicates status of volunteers.
- Performs duties in accordance with ProKids objectives and in compliance with relevant standards and agency commitments.
- Provides assistance with events as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Skills and abilities
- Advanced knowledge of accounting
- A minimum of five years of experience required.
- Successful supervisory experience required.
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office 365 and accounting software.
- Strong interpersonal skills to allow for handling sensitive and confidential matters and strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Adherence to strict confidentiality of all employee related information and files.
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise considerable independence in the performance of day-to-day duties.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced office and manage multiple priorities and deadlines with accuracy.
- May be required to occasionally work irregular hours, nights and weekends as required for the operation of ProKids.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills; solution-oriented.
- Required to talk or hear, often in large crowds or busy environments.
Team: Business Operations
Team Responsibility: Provides agency financial, benefits, evaluation, and support functions to ensure smooth operation of agency to maximize positive outcomes for children served by ProKids.
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Office/Accounting Manager, Data Systems Manager and Business Operations volunteers
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to ProKids via email.
Note that ProKids does not accept phone call inquiries.