As ProKids continues to grow to serve our community’s children, we are seeking a part time (25 hours/week), senior Human Resource Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of human resource management and at least 5 years of human resource experience. An advanced degree and HR certification are preferred for this new position, which will focus on employee and organizational development, maximizing our agency’s efficiency and strategic goals.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to ProKids via email by September 3, 2019.
Note that ProKids does not accept phone call inquiries.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Human Resources Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Senior Human Resources Manager is responsible for the overall development, administration, coordination and evaluation of human resource processes, and is a key partner in organization design, staffing, and structure.
- Assists with Employee and Organizational Development.
- Drives and coordinates leadership development and succession planning.
- Assesses employee retention and develops interventions as needed.
- Facilitates employee communication and feedback.
- Establishes and manages agency-wide committees/teams focused on employee and organizational development.
- Assists with organization structure and design to maximize organization efficiency and results.
- Assists with employee training and development programs, including administration of the new employee orientation process.
- Ensures completion of requisite new hire paperwork (W4, I-9, etc.).
- Ensures an effective, consistent and structured agency orientation program is provided to all new employees. Schedules and monitors new hire orientations.
- Coordinates orientation and mobility assistance for new hires as needed.
- Provides recommendations for personnel training and development programs for employees. Coordinates, develops and conducts training as needed, in coordination with Professional Development team.
- Develops, maintains and updates position descriptions.
- Administers performance appraisal program. Reviews completed performance appraisals and provides recommendations for improvement and professional development.
- Maintains performance appraisal calendar and advises supervising staff of pending appraisal due dates.
- In coordination with Business Operations Director and Executive Director, conducts salary benchmarking for staff positions and provides recommendations for salary offers and adjustments.
3. Manages the recruitment, selection, and hiring functions for staff positions.
- Coordinates recruitment and selection efforts for staff positions.
- Assists managers in the analysis of needed staffing levels.
- Assists managers with proper interviewing techniques.
- Receives and reviews all applications/resumes, tracks applicant flow, evaluates qualifications, and recommends qualified applicants.
- Schedules and conducts interviews in coordination with hiring manager.
- Conduct reference checking in coordination with hiring manager.
- Assists in hiring recommendations.
- Prepare offer letters.
- Ensures completion of all background checks in coordination with Business Operations.
4. Manages employee relations for all positions.
- Responds to employee concerns and questions regarding agency policies, procedures, etc.
- Assists managers with employee coaching and counseling. Develops employee performance improvement plans.
- Works with directors regarding professional development, discipline and termination.
- Conducts exit interviews.Responsible for HR administrative functions.
5. Responsible for HR administrative functions.
- Facilitates and guides development of agency Human Resource policies and implements all HR policies.
- Prepares and distributes Human Resources communications.
- Maintains all HR forms and records.
- Maintains, updates, and ensures compliance of Employee Policy Manual and Volunteer Policy & Procedure Manual with ProKids objectives, relevant standards and requirements, and agency commitments.
6. Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws.
- Ensures dissemination and posting of all required notices.
- Attends all staff meetings and establishes good teamwork with co-workers.
- Assists with the setting and evaluation of all agency goals and objectives, including, but not limited to:
- Recommendation for program changes and improvements.
- Providing raw data.
- Communicating all financial needs and expenses.
- Communicates need for volunteers and provides assistance in designing and implementing volunteer training. Supervises, manages, supports, evaluates, and communicates ongoing status of volunteers.
- Performs duties in accordance with ProKids objectives and in compliance with relevant standards and agency commitments.
- Provides assistance with events as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of human resources management required; advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in the HR field required.
- Human Resources certification (PHR or SPHR) preferred.
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office 365.
- Strong interpersonal skills to allow for handling sensitive and confidential matters and strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Adherence to strict confidentiality of all employee related information and files.
- Self-motivated with the ability to exercise considerable independence in the performance of day-to-day duties.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced office and manage multiple priorities and deadlines with accuracy.
- May be required to occasionally work irregular hours, nights and weekends as required for the operation of ProKids.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills; solution-oriented.
- Required to talk or hear, often in large crowds or busy environments.